1. If this is your forever home, then let it show. Don’t give consideration to resale values or opting for colours that others may like. You’ve always had a penchant for Eau-de-nil? Go for it! You’ve a favourite vase that is eggy yellow with blue spots? Let’s find Formica to match and whilst we’re there we’ll make a special open shelf for your vase too.
2. Wee bits of colour are just fine, infact no colour is very cool too. If you like the nakedness of the plywood then extra adornment is not imperative. Let your kitchen utensils, pans, canisters and small appliances add the colour to your space instead.
3. We’d stick to a maximum of three colours, although with all the choice it can be tempting to run wild.
4. Colour samples are free! Formica (and some of our other laminate suppliers that we use on occasion) are very helpful and want you to make the right choice. So they offer a next day sample delivery on their scores of colour choices. Ordering samples can sometimes be a bit tricky, the website isn’t particularly user friendly but let us help out – just let us know what colours you’d like to see and we’ll sort it out.
5. Be inspired by other kitchens. Our gallery pages are a good place to start, and Pinterest can be great too – although do bear in mind many kitchens you see there are vast and over-styled and rarely reflect the everyday in which most of us live.