Choosing the right kitchen appliances is essential for functionality, efficiency, durability, safety, energy efficiency, and most definitely aesthetics. Taking the time to research and select appliances that align with your needs and preferences can greatly enhance your cooking experience and overall satisfaction in your kitchen.
Given the enormous variety of brands and price points available we have decided to stick with what we know best – making beautiful kitchens – and leave appliances to the experts. Our clients are free to discover and select their own, and have any integrated items shipped to us directly for pre-fitting into the cabinets. Pre-fitting here in the workshop ensures a perfect fit and a smoother installation. We’re always on hand to guide you through this process and discuss what options might work within your space.
We have linked up with a well-established Tayside-based appliance retailer, Hosies, who sell all the ‘good’ brands, offer genuine service and excellent price packages. Best of all they hold onto your appliances until we ask for them to be delivered to us, which they do free of charge. They are happy to liaise with clients via email and phone, there’s no need for you to visit them unless you wish to.
There are several benefits to the arrangement we have with Hosies, not least their unparalleled knowledge and range of appliances. Firstly, when you purchase an appliance online (AO.com, John Lewis etc), your warranty for that appliance starts on the day it leaves their warehouse. If you take delivery of these way in advance of your kitchen being installed, you’ll lose out on enjoying the full benefit of the warranty. This isn’t the case for Hosies as we will only request your items at the point where we’re completing manufacture of your kitchen. Added to this, you don’t have to consider where you will store bulky appliances until your kitchen is fitted, or be around to take delivery.
Choosing kitchen appliances requires careful consideration to ensure they meet your needs and fit well within your kitchen space. Here are some steps to help you choose the right kitchen appliances:
- Assess your needs: Start by evaluating your cooking habits, lifestyle, and the specific needs of your household. Consider factors such as the size of your family, your cooking style, the frequency of use, and any specific features you require.
- Set a budget: Determine your budget for kitchen appliances. This will help you narrow down your options and prevent overspending. Consider the long-term value of the appliances and prioritize quality and durability over price alone.
- Research and compare: Conduct thorough research on different appliance brands, models, and features available in the market. Read online reviews, consumer reports, and compare prices to make an informed decision. Consider energy efficiency ratings as well to help save on utility bills.
- Talk with us about the space available in your kitchen for each appliance. Ensure there is enough room for installation and proper functionality. We’ll assist with dimensions, including height, width, and depth, and consider any space restrictions such as cabinet or worktop configurations.
- Determine appliance types: Identify the essential appliances you need in your kitchen based on your cooking habits.
- Consider your kitchen design: Take into account the overall design and aesthetics of your kitchen. Would your preference be to have fully integrated appliances which allow a sleek look across a wall, or freestanding appliances in cool stainless steel or retro colours to enhance the look of the space.
- Check for warranties and after-sales service: Look for appliances that come with a warranty to protect your investment. Ensure the warranty covers both parts and labour. Additionally, research the reputation of the manufacturer or brand regarding customer service and support.
- Energy efficiency: Opt for appliances with high energy efficiency ratings. Look for appliances with the Energy Savings Trust ‘New Energy Label’, as they meet strict energy efficiency guidelines. Energy-efficient appliances not only help reduce utility bills but also contribute to environmental sustainability.
- Visit showrooms or read user manuals: If possible, visit showrooms to see and test appliances in person. This allows you to get a feel for the appliance's quality and functionality. Alternatively, read user manuals and specifications online to gain a better understanding of the appliance's features and performance.
By following these steps, you'll be able to select kitchen appliances that align with your needs, budget, and kitchen space while ensuring they are of high quality and offer the desired features.